Family Law

Over the phone General Family Law Advice

To speak to one of our family lawyers by calling us anytime on (08) 6323 8613. Stay in control of your matter by getting upfront information about fees and deciding what you want us to do. We offer fixed price initial consultation for a booking fee of $300.00

Family Law – The area of law relating to the regulation of human relationships and particularly the consequences that flow from the end of such relationships. Defined by the Butterworths Australian Legal Dictionary

Over the phone – no obligation

If you need advice on the consequences that flow from the end of a relationship that you have been in, please do not hesitate to give us a call. We will be happy to provide free over-the-phone general family law advice from an experienced family lawyer.

Get Information to help you make the right Choices

As Family Lawyers we understand that separations can be a stressful and sometimes traumatic time. Our Family Lawyers can help you by providing you with information about your legal options as you transition into this new phase of your life.

Unsure of your parental responsibility? Filing for shared child custody? Issues with child support? Have an agreement and just need a lawyer to help you finalise it? Reach out to one of our family lawyers and get experienced Family Law advice.

Settlement out of Court

Settled issues with your former partner and need it formalised? Click here for information about a an Application for Consent Orders, Formally known as a Form 11. If you have no agreement as yet, our Family Lawyers will endeavour to help you and your partner achieve an amicable outcome prior to any proceedings taking place in the Family Court.

Not in the Metro Area

Our Family Lawyers regularly appear in the Family Court in Perth, as well as the regional courts by telephone link. Our Family Lawyers can assist those going through informal negotiation. Our Family Lawyers can also attend the formal mediation process as well.

Our Family Lawyers can assist you with Family Law representation and Family Law advice for your Family court applications. If you want a Family Law barrister, we can recommend and retain appropriate counsel for you.

Family Law is complex

If you find yourself in this situation, you don’t have to face it alone. The choices you make and the outcome of your possible negotiations, let alone any Family Court Case will be life-changing not only for you but also for your loved ones. Family Lawyers can help you navigate the complex Family Law legal issues.

Further Reading:

Articles for you to read:

Legislation Changes

As any Family Lawyer knows, it was hard enough for people to navigate the Family Law. However, this did not stop the government introducing new legislation in 2021 and creating the “Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia” . This merged the Federal Circuit Court and the Family Court with the newly created Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia (FCFCOA) commencing on 1 September 2021. Their new website can be found here: https://www.fcfcoa.gov.au/

Here at Kean Legal Barristers & Solicitors, we have experienced Family Lawyers, both solicitors and barristers, to advise you and provide you with representation. You can call now for a consultation on (08) 6323 8613).

Worried about the likely outcome? Ready to speak to a family lawyer for legal advice?

Call one of our lawyers to get free expert family law advice

To speak to one of our lawyers
Call anytime on (08) 6323 8613

We encourage our clients to keep themselves informed and ask as many questions as possible. To that end, if you are looking for more information, the Family Court of Western Australia provides brochures on its website. Click here for the Family Court brochures.

Online Enquiry


If you have any questions, please feel free to call us for free general advice over the phone, or make an appointment to attend our offices for a one-hour initial consultation for a booking fee of $250.00. There is no obligation to engage our services after the initial consultation. Call Us To Book A Consultation On (08) 6323 8697

Does your partner have a Restraining Order stopping you from seeing your children?
You may be able to make an application in the Family Court to override the Restraining Order and see you children.
Call us anytime on (08) 6323 8613 to speak to one of our lawyers.
Otherwise, you can find more information here about restraining orders.