Children Contact

Contact with your Children in Western Australia

Children’s contact is a very important aspect of Family Law. Children contact normally involves the parents, but anyone in a parental role may make an application including the Grandparents. The Family Court looks to provide the Children with meaningful contact with both parents by formalising the contact arrangements including how, where, the frequency and the time to be spent.

Live With Orders and Time With Orders

Children’s contact can be categorized under the living conditions or the Live With Orders and the time frame or Time With Orders. These orders address basic parenting issues such as:

  • Who will the child or children live with
  • When can a child will see the non-resident parent and in under what conditions
  • What school will the child attend, how school information will be distributed, and who should attend school functions
  • Is the child to be brought up in a certain religion, which church or temple, who attends church or temple functions
  • How optional, routine, and emergency Medical treatment for the child will be dealt with. Including discussions regarding vaccines
  • When can a child see the relatives of the other parent and in under what conditions

The Family Court makes orders in the best possible interest of the child after the separation or the dissolution of the marriage. Although at times, this formal agreement may not be necessary for the parents of the child may agree to an amicable arrangement without the assistance of the Family Court. This is possible since everyone applying to a Family Court for a parenting order must attend and attempt to arrive at an amicable agreement via a dispute resolution service. This is always possible unless the situation fits one of the exceptions set out in the Family Law Act, including where there are children at risk or family violence issues.

An independent Family Law lawyer may be required to represent a child in a violent scene to be able to ensure that the voice of the child will be heard.

Should I See A Lawyer?

Some may see a family dissolution as a very personal situation. Hiring a professional lawyer can help you get through the process without having to worry about confidentiality. At any stage, you are ensured that you are getting unbiased legal advice. The choices you make regarding Children Contract are vitally important.  Avoid making a costly mistake, call our office, and speak to a family lawyer now.

How to Start? Call us now on our all-hours number (08) 6323 8613 to obtain some free general over-the-phone advice. For more specific advice, we provide a service whereby a prior appointment you may attend our offices for an initial consultation limited to one hour for a booking fee of $300.00. There is no obligation to engage our services after the initial consultation. Call Us For a No-Obligation Consultation On (08) 6323 8613

Here at Kean Legal Barristers & Solicitors, we have experienced solicitors and barristers to advise you and provide you with representation. Our Family Law Lawyer is a member of the Family Law Practitioners’ Association of Western Australia (FLPAWA). Call him now for a consultation on (08) 6323 8697.
Ready to get some common sense family law advice?
To speak to our lawyers call (08) 6323 8613
Or (08) 6323 8697 (24/7)

Does your partner have a Restraining Order stopping you from seeing your children? You may be able to make an application in the Family Court to override the restraining Order and see you, children. Call us now on our 24/7 hotline (08) 6323 8613  to speak to one of our lawyers regarding this. Otherwise, you can find more information here about restraining orders.

Online Enquiry